Hey guys! Do you know that you can temporarily deactivate your Facebook account? Facebook is the world no. 1 social media platform. We all love to enjoy the fun but for some reasons, you may want to go offline from Facebook for some time. Today, I will be showing you how to deactivate Facebook account temporarily without any fuzz.
Facebook is fun. It allows us to chat, call and share photos with loved ones. Facebook also offers other special features such as the Facebook gameroom, Facebook Dating, Facebook marketplace, Avatar, Facebook pay, Facebook ads, Facebook games, and much more. It is the most popular social network around the world.
For some reasons, you may have grown tired of using the Facebook platform or just feel like you want to take sometime off without anyone being able to contact you via Facebook. I am here to show you how you can achieve all that. All you need to do is to deactivate your Facebook account temporarily and you are good to go.
Wondering how you are going to be able to deactivate Facebook without losing your account? Never mind, we’re here just to help you do that. In this article, I will be showing you how to deactivate Facebook account in a few easy steps.
What happens If I deactivate my Facebook Account?
Alright, this happens to be one of the commonest questions from Facebook users when they hear that they can deactivate Facebook. You don’t need to fear at all because, when you deactivate Facebook account:
- Your account will be disabled and your name and photos will be removed from most things that you have shared on Facebook.
- You will be able to continue making use of Messenger.
- Your account will remain intact but will not be live. That is to say that your friends and loved ones will not see you on Facebook in this period.
- Your friends and loved ones will not be able to contact you.
- Your account will become active if you log into Facebook within this period.
- All your friends and files on Facebook will be intact.
How To Deactivate Facebook Account on Facebook Mobile App
To deactivate your account on Facebook using the mobile app, follow the following steps:
1. Log in to your Facebook account via the mobile app.
2. Tap on the menu bar (three horizontal lines) at the top right hand corner for android or bottom right corner for iPhone and iPad.
3. Scroll down and tap on “Settings and Privacy” option as shown below.
4. Then tap on settings and from the drop-down menu, select “Personal Information” as shown below.
5. Then tap on “Manage Account” in the next page.
6. On the next page you will see ” Legacy contact and Account“. Tap on the “Deactivate” at the right side of account.
7. Facebook will require you to enter your password again to be sure that it is actually you that wants to deactivate your account.
8. Enter your password and tap on “Continue” to deactivate your account.
How To Deactivate Facebook account on Computer
1. Use any browser of your choice and log in to your Facebook account.
2. Click on the menu button (Inverted triangle) at the top right hand corner of the home page.
3. Click on “Settings and Privacy” from the drop-down menu.
4. Next, click on “Settings” from drop-down menu.
5. Select “Your Account Information” on the left hand side of your screen. Third option from the top left hand side.
6. Scroll down and click “Deactivation and Deletion” on the next page. It is the last option on the page.
7. Check the “Deactivate account” box and then click on “Continue to Account Deactivation”
8. Enter your password and click on “Continue” to deactivate your Facebook account.
If you have questions or you face difficulty and will need more guidance on how to deactivate Facebook account, feel free to leave a comment for us below. Do well to share this article with your friends and loved ones on the social media.