Facebook Dating is a new feature on Facebook that allows users to find love and meaningful relationships on Facebook. If you are looking for a soulmate and someone that really fits into your interests, then you are in the right place right now. I will be showing you all you need to know about Facebook dating and how to set up a Facebook dating profile.
Facebook as we know it is the king of all social platforms worldwide. They are always adding new features to make them stand out. The dating feature is one of such features. Since its launch, it has been helping people around the world find meaningful relationships based on their common interests and groups.
Facebook dating is an in-built feature of the Facebook mobile app on both Android and iOS. To qualify to use the Facebook dating feature, you must be 18 years and older.
Some Features of Facebook Dating
Below are some of the features of Facebook Dating that you need to know before going ahead to set up your profile.
1. The dating feature is only available on the Facebook mobile app. It is not a separate or Standalone app at least for now. So nothing like Facebook dating app yet.
2. It does not require a new or separate Facebook account to set up a dating profile.
3. You must have a Facebook account to use it.
4. You can add your Instagram posts to your profile on Facebook Dating.
5. Ability to opt into Events and Groups to see people with similar interests, though, remember, you will also be visible to them.
6. You can share details of date – with your live location – via a friend on Facebook Messenger, to ensure you feel safer on a date.
You are able to add Facebook and Instagram Stories to your dating profile if you wish.
7. The ability to report and block anyone, prohibiting people from sending you photos, videos, messages, and so on.
8. It is free of any charges.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Facebook Marketplace – How To Buy and Sell On Marketplace on Facebook
How Does Facebook Dating Work?
1. Setting Up Your Dating Profile: Your dating profile is different from your Facebook profile. You will need to add some personal details to your Facebook dating profile like height, religion, job title, degrees and education, and whether you have children, etc. Facebook may suggest photos and information from your Facebook profile, which you can edit or remove when you are creating your dating profile. You will also choose your gender preferences during the setup process.
2. Finding a Match: You cannot be matched with your Facebook friends unless both of you add each other to your secret crush list. You will only be suggested to others already into Facebook Dating, and people will be suggested to you based on your preferences, interests, and other things you do on Facebook as well.
3. How To Contact a Match: If you are interested in someone, all you need do is to comment directly on their Facebook Dating profile or tap on the Like button to let them know. If you are not interested, you can pass. All these will stay on Facebook Dating. It won’t be shared with Facebook.
Secret Crush List: What is it all About?
The Secret Crush feature lets you match with people that you already know on Facebook and Instagram. You are able to select up to nine of your Facebook friends or Instagram followers to add to a list called Secret Crush list.
They will then get a notification telling them that someone has a crush on them. If your crush adds you to his or her Secret Crush list too, then, it is a match. However, if your crush does not add you to their secret crush list or is not on Facebook Dating, there won’t be a Match.
How To Set Up Facebook Dating Profile
It is very simple and easy to create Facebook dating account or to set up your Facebook dating profile. However, you must note that Facebook dating feature is only available on the mobile app just like Facebook avatar. It is not available on the Facebook web or Facebook lite.
1. Download the latest Facebook mobile app or Update your Facebook app to the latest version.
2. Log in to the Facebook app on your mobile device.
3. Tap on the menu bar (three horizontal lines) at the bottom right of your screen for iOS and top right of your screen for Android users.
4. Tap Dating from the options. You can then create a Dating profile from there. You will add personal details such as height, religion, job title, degrees and education, and whether you have children, etc.
5. Alternatively, You can access Dating by typing “Facebook Dating” into the search bar on your Facebook app and tapping the Facebook Dating shortcut that props up on your screen.
Facebook Dating Security Tips
Because of the risks that come with online dating generally, these are some of the things you can do to protect yourself from criminals who may escape the inbuilt Security measures from Facebook.
1. Share Carefully. You must be mindful of the type of information you want to share with anyone on Facebook dating. Such information as the last name, financial information, email, home address, phone number, place of work etc has to be protected cautiously.
2. Watch out for Scams. These may come in various forms. Examples include – Wanting to leave Facebook dating immediately to use personal email or IM to chat, quick claims to love you, or plans to visit but claims something bad came up so he or she cancelled the earlier plan to visit.
3. Do Not Send Money. On no account should you try to send money to anyone you met online in any guise except you already know each other well enough to be an exception?
4. Getting to Know Someone. Yes, this is as important as it gets. Try to really find out who the match is before going deep in communication with him or her.
5. Meeting in Person: When meeting physically, ensure you do the following to protect yourself.
- Tell someone about your plans
- Meet and stay in public
- Monitor any alcohol or substance consumption
- Arrange your own transportation
- Make sure your mobile phone is charged
- If you Feel Uncomfortable or Unsafe, End the date and arrange your own transportation home.
I hope this article was useful to you. If you still have questions or contributions to make concerning Facebook dating, please Feel free to let us know via the comment box below.