G Suite for education formerly known as Google Apps for Education (GAFE) is a great Education enhancing tool made by Google for schools, colleges and Universities across the world. In this article, I will be walking you through the steps to get started with G Suite for Education for your institution. Its a guide on G Suite For Education Sign Up, G Suite for education login and how to use G Suite for Education.
With the G Suite for education, educators or teachers can create classes, distribute assignments, monitor progress, send feedbacks and more, easily and see everything in one place. Google Suite for education enhances the productivity of both students and teachers and administrators. It lets the students and teachers communicate seamlessly and securely on any device. It is a perfect way to work from anywhere, anytime and any device. G Suite for Education offers free business features to nonprofit K–12 and higher education institutions around the world.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Gmail Sign Up – Gmail Registration | Create Google Account
G Suite for education sign up and the whole Process of G Suite for education set up for your school takes a couple of weeks. Before you can sign up G Suite for education for your school, your school needs to meet up with certain criteria.
How Do I Know If My School Qualifies for G Suite for Education Sign up
To qualify for G Suite for Education Sign up, your institution has to be in one of the Categories below:
- Must be a K–12 or higher educational institution, nonprofit, and must be accredited by a generally accepted accreditation body in your country or region.
- For those that are outside the USA, each country has its own G suite for Education requirement. Go to ⇒ Qualifications for G Suite for Education.
G suite for Education Sign Up: How to Set Up G Suite for Education for your school
Before you can go ahead with G – suite for Education Sign up, you will need to get a domain for your school if you do not have one already. eg your.school.com. If you already have a G suite account for your school, all you need to do is to request an Upgrade to G Suite for Education. No need to embark on fresh G Suite for Education sign up.
Summary of the Steps involved in G Suite for Education Sign Up
The following 4 steps summarize G Suite for Education set up for your school or institution:
Step 1: You will need to fill your institution’s information to request G Suite for Education.
Step 2: Verify your domain. Let Google know that the domain you used for G Suite for Education sign up belongs to you.
Step 3: You can now add users, set up apps, and access advanced features of G Suite for education after you have verified your domain.
Step 4: Finally, set up and deploy G Suite for use by your school.
Step 1: How to Request for G Suite for Education
This is the first step involved in G Suite set up. It involves the G Suite for Education Sign up process proper. To request G Suite for Education Sign up, follow the steps outlined below:
- From your favourite browser, head to the G Suite for Education sign up page.
- Fill in all the required information about you and your institution.
- Click Next when you are done filling the G Suite for education sign up form.
- Enter the domain for your institution in the next page or you can go ahead and buy a new domain.
- Click Next to proceed with your G Suite for Education set up.
- Fill in all the required information to create G Suite for Education admin account.
Please Note: The username and password you enter here is what you will use to sign in to your G Suite for Education account.
- Read and accept the G Suite for Education agreement and check the box. Click Accept and sign up to complete G Suite for Education Sign Up.
- As soon as you are done with step no. 7 above, you will get an email that includes information about your new G Suite for Education account how to proceed with step 2 of G Suite for Education sign up.
Step 2: Verify your domain
Before you will be able to start using G suite for Education, you will have to verify that the domain you provided during G Suite for Education Sign up belongs to you. This step might need some help if you are not conversant with DNS. To verify your domain, follow the steps below:
If you signed up for G Suite with a domain that you’re already using, you need to verify your domain before we can review your application. This verification process ensures that no one can use services or send an email that appears to come from your school.
Sign in to your Google Admin console. You must sign in using your G Suite for Education administrator account as contained in the email sent to you after step 1.
- Verify that you own your domain. When you click Start Set-up you will have to verify your domain. You can do this either on your own by clicking on “Continue” or you can get some help from Google by choosing the “Set up with a Google advisor” option as shown in the picture below. For more detail on Domain verification, click Here.
PLEASE NOTE: After you’re done with steps 1 and 2 above (submit your request and verify your domain) Google will review your institution’s eligibility and send you an email about the status of your application within 1–2 weeks.
Step 3: You can now add users, set up apps, and access advanced features of G Suite for education
The fact is that after you verify your domain, you have completed G Suite for education Sign up. You can now go ahead to add users, set up G Suite for Education in apps and even access the advanced features of G Suite for education.
Step 4: Set up and deploy G Suite for use by your school
The G Suite Administrator Help Center can be of great help at this stage. To learn how to set up and deploy G Suite for Education, visit the G Suite Administrator Help Center.
G Suite for Education Login – G Suite for Education Sign in
Each time you want to use G Suite for Education, you will have to sign in to your G Suite for education administrator account. Note: G Suite for Education login is done using your administrator account. This is different from your Google account. It does not end in @gmail.com. None admin members can log in to G Suite with personal accounts. To login G Suite For Education, follow the steps below:
- Go to the G Suite for Education Login Page.
- Enter your Username and Password and click on Sign in.
How To Use G Suite for Education: How to Set Up and Use G Suite for Education
There are a whole lot of things you can do with the G Suite for Education. It opens a world of possibilities and efficiency for your school. To learn how to Use G Suite for Education, Click here.
Four comments and questions on how to set up G Suite for Education, G Suite For Education Sign up, G Suite for education login, G Suite for education sign and how to Use G Suite for Education, use the comment box below.
Please promote us by sharing this guide with your friends on the social media using the Facebook, Twitter, Google +, Pinterest and other social icons below.