Do you wish to study in the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN)? Whether you want to apply for undergraduate or postgraduate programmes in NOUN this article is very important for you. Everything about Application for Noun admission has been covered for you in this article.
Today I will be guiding you on how to apply for admission into National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN). I will also list the NOUN admission requirements as well as NOUN courses and programmes. Just patiently go through the article to get everything you need to know about the application for NOUN admission.
National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN)?
The National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) is an open and distant learning (ODL) institution established in July 1983 by Alhaji Shehu Shagari, the first executive president of Nigeria. It was subsequently suspended in 1984 by the succeeding military government.
After 19 years, it was resurrected in 2012 by president Olusegun Obasanjo. Since then, the school has gone on to become one of the biggest federal University in Nigeria. The Title of the University is Work and Learn. The university has study centres scattered across Nigeria. Now that you already know a little about NOUN, lets us go back to the Application For NOUN Admission.
NOUN official Websites
The official websites of the National open university of Nigeria are:
Application For NOUN Admission – How To Apply For NOUN Admission
NOUN admission application is open all through the year. This means that you can apply for NOUN admission anytime you want. The application for NOUN admission is open every other day of the wee. 24/7. Learn how to apply for NOUN admission, Noun courses as well as NOUN admission requirements below.
Here is Step by Step Procedure on How to Apply for Admission into NOUN. To complete Application For NOUN Admission carefully follow the steps below:
- Visit the site www.nouonline.net
- On the Home Page, go to the Menu Bar, Click on Apply for Admission
- Select either Undergraduate Programme or Postgraduate Programme. Other programme is not available at the moment
- Goto “Choose Faculty” (note it can be found on the left-hand side of the screen)
- Select Faculty
- Fill displayed form
- Click below to view admission criteria
- Click “Apply” to proceed.
- Take note of the UNIQUE ID displayed
- Click ‘Continue’ button
- Select Bank Branch as payment type
- Click “Pay”
- Copy and take your RRR number to any bank branch for payment.
- Perform step 1 to 3 above
- Goto “Continue After Payment”
- Input Unique ID, RRR number and Programme
- Click “Proceed”
- Fill Form. Note: all fields marked with red star are compulsory.
After filling form
Print Admission Letter
Visit the nearest study centre for screening
That’s it on Application For NOUN Admission or how to Apply For NOUN Admission.
- Applicants who had paid using an RRR generated last semester or earlier must restart the application process upto the point when they are re-directed to remita. They should now use the newly generated UniqueID with the old RRR used for payment when they click Proceed after payment.
- In all cases a successful payment will lead to the generation of an online application form which should be filled before submission online. The admission process is automated and the outcome is virtually instantaneous.
Full list of NOUN courses 2018 – NOUN Postgraduate programme 2018
Before you proceed with application for NOUN admission, it is important to see the list of NOUN courses and NOUN programmes and well as the NOUN admission requirements.The National Open University of Nigeria NOUN has the following Faculties and programmes.
- Faculty of Agricultural Sciences
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Management Sciences
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Centre For Entrepreneurship And General Studies (CE&GS)
The above faculties offer programmes approved by NUC for NOUN. The full list of courses offered in National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) is as shown below:
- Financial Management
- Medical office practice
- Computer Literacy
- Dental Office practice
- Business Communication
- Public Administration
- Public Sector Management
- Master of Business Administration
- Education Technology
- Science Education
- Admin and planning
- Early childhood Education
- Business Education
- Primary Education
- Integrated Science
- Computer science
- Agricultural Science
- Political Science
- Criminology and Security Studies.
- English language
- Peace, conflict and Resolution
- Mass Communication
- French and International Studies
- Public Health
- Financial Mathematics
- Environmental Science and Resource Management
- Community Health
- Nursing Science
- Agricultural Extension and Management
- Communications technology
- Data management
- Computer and Mathematics (Combined)
- Mobile Communication Technology
- Digital Communication
- Information technology
The list above comprises of the NOUN courses 2018. We will update the list whenever new courses are approved by NUC for NOUN.
NOUN ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Below is a full list of NOUN admission requirements for both undergraduate and postgraduate NOUN programmes. Before going ahead with Application for NOUN Admission, it is important to go through this.
NOUN Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Programmes
- Requirements for NOUN Admission into 100 Level
Generally, the requirements for getting admission into the National Open University of Nigeria include five (5) credits in the SSCE/GCE O’Level/NECO/NABTEB or equivalents at not more than two (2) sittings obtained in subjects relevant to the proposed field(s) of study. The five (5) credits include Credits in Mathematics, English and 3 other relevant subjects. More details can be found under programmes.
Requirements for NOUN Admission into 200 Level
i) National Diploma at Upper Credit from recognized institutions.
ii) National Certificate in Education (NCE) in subject(s) relevant to the proposed programme of study with a minimum of one merit and two passes.
iii). International Baccalaureates, Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) with at least two ‘A’ Level papers in relevant subjects and pre-requisite number of ‘O’ Level credit passes.
NOUN Admission Requirements for Postgraduate Programmes
- To qualify for admission into any of the postgraduate programmes of the University, a candidate must meet, among others, all matriculation requirements of at least five (5) credit passes including English Language and Mathematics. Some programmes accept at least a pass in Mathematics.
- For Postgraduate Diploma Programmes, Candidates must possess either a minimum of pass Bachelors Degree in any discipline from a University recognised by the Senate of the NOUN OR a Higher National Diploma with a minimum of Lower Credit. For the Postgraduate Diploma in Legislative Drafting, the candidate must have been called to the Bar. Also for admission into the school of Business and Human Resource Management Postgraduate Diploma programmes, candidates with professional qualifications such as ACA, ACIS, ACIB, ACII, ACIA, etc may be considered on individual merit.
- For Master degree programmes, candidates must possess either a Bachelors Degree with a minimum of second class lower in the relevant field of study from a University recognised by the Senate of the NOUN. However, holders of lower classification and with a minimum of 2 years of relevant post-qualification experience may be considered on individual merit OR a Postgraduate Diploma in related field of study from a recognised University OR A Higher National Diploma with a minimum of Upper Credit in the relevant field of study. Candidate with membership certificate of relevant professional bodies may apply for the Master of Business (MBA) programme.
- For the Doctor of Philosophy Degree prorammes, candidates must possess a masters degree in relevant field of study from a University recognised by the Senate of the NOUN with a minimum score average of not less than 60% or a cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 on a 5-point scale.
Did we miss anything concerning application For NOUN Admission? NOUN admission 2018 is still ongoing. You can follow our guide above on the process of application For NOUN Admission, NOUN courses and programmes as well as NOUN admission requirements above to complete your application For NOUN Admission.
WAS THIS INFORMATION ON Application For NOUN Admission HELPFUL?