AOL Mail is the email service offered by AOL. It is one of the top webmail services out there. AOL Mail gives you a personalized mail experience to connect with your friends and family. AOL Mail provides a safe, customizable and delightful email experience for millions of people around the world. It is free except for certain paid features and easy to use.
This article is a complete guide on how to create Free AOL mail account, AOL mail login and features of AOL Mail.
Recently, there has been news of data management and privacy issues involving many email companies, however; If you are looking for a safe, secure and dynamic Email address that you can always trust, AOL Mail ranks up there.
An AOL email account or AOL Mail account will give you free access to other AOL services such as breaking news, movie review, entertainment, Sports, business news and stock exchange reports across the world and much more. First, you will need to complete AOL Mail Sign up process.
Some of the Amazing Features of AOL Mail
- It is free to set up.
- Aol mail has Unlimited email storage capacity.
- No Spam Emails in AOL email.
- Virus free Email service.
- Aol Email attachment limit is 25 MB max.
- It is Ads Free unless and until you enable it.
- High security and privacy.
- AOL email account can link you directly to your other email accounts from other Webmail service providers like Gmail, Yahoo mail, and Hotmail or Outlook.
AOL Mail Sign Up – AOL Mail Account Sign up
The signup or account registration process is quite simple. First, let us look at the requirements you need to meet up before you can create an AOL Mail account.
- Name – You must provide a name to be able to create an AOL account.
- Date of birth – You will need to provide your date of birth because this service is for a certain age of people.
- Email address – This is not compulsory. You can create an all-new AOL Mail account eg firstname.lastname@example.org or you can just use your old email address from other providers.
- Mobile phone – A valid mobile number for account verification and AOL account recovery process.
- Gender – is optional when it comes to AOL account registration.
- Password: A password is needed to provide security and also to login. You will need to provide a safe, and easy to remember but hard to guess password to be able to complete your account registration.
How to Create AOL Mail Account | AOL Sign Up – www.aolmail.com
Follow the simple steps outlined below to complete your AOL sign up.
1. Go to the main AOL page.
2. Click Login / Join in the upper right-hand corner.
3. Click Sign up at the bottom of the screen.
4. Enter and submit the requested information. An example is shown below.
STEP BY STEP GUIDE ON AOL MAIL SIGN UP
STEP 1: Visit the AOL sign up page on https://login.aol.com/account/create or tap on the “Sign up” button on any AOL login page.
STEP 2: Enter your details as required in the Sign up page. The required details are the ones we already looked at earlier which includes: Your name, choose an AOL Mail address, choose a password, enter your mobile phone etc,
STEP 4: Click on “CONTINUE” when you are done filling the short AOL Mail sign up form.
STEP 5: You may be prompted to verify your mobile number. To verify your mobile number, click on “Text me an Account Key” or “Call me with an Account Key”. Then follow the on-screen instructions to complete AOL account sign up.
PLEASE NOTE: You can also create AOL account using the the AOL mail app. the app is available for Android, iOS and Windows Phone. The sign up is basically the same. Simply download the app, tap on the app icon on your mobile screen, enter your details as required to complete your registration.
That concludes the AOL Mail account sign up process. Now, we will be looking how to go about AOL login.
AOL Mail Login | AOL Sign in – www.aol.com
The login process is quite simple and easy. You can login either via a browser or the AOL app for your device. To sign in to your account via the web browser:
2: Enter your AOL username or AOL Email address and tap on “NEXT“.
3: Enter your Password on the next page and click on “Sign in” or “Login” and that will take you directly to your AOL Mail account.
NOTE: You can also complete the login via the AOL app. Simply download the app for your device type using the links below. Tap on the downloaded app icon, and follow the on-screen prompts to complete your login.
AOL App Download for Mobile devices
The AOL app ensures that you take your AOL account everywhere you go. You do not need to have your computer to access your AOL account and the many great handy features.
With the mobile app, you will always have the services just a few taps away from you. Follow the links below to install AOL app on your device.
How to Secure Your AOL Account
To protect your AOL account, pay close attention to the following:
- Choose a strong password during sign up process.
- Keep your AOL login details to yourself alone or worst of all, you can share with someone you trust. Do not share your AOL login details with people you do not trust.
- There is a good option in AOL account setting. The “Keep me informed” is one best setting that you must always have on your AOL account so that any activity from a different location or different device, you will be notified.
- Set-up a two-factor authentication process to get a notification every time you log in with AOL account.
- Do not save your password on a browser that is not on your personal device.
- Always Sign out when you are done with what you are doing. Do not leave you account logged in on any device when leaving the device especially on public networks.
- Ensure that you do not share your AOL details with third-party services that you do not trust.
AOL Mail Premium plans
Apart from the free plans, some special features of AOL Mail are only gotten when you are using the paid plans or premium plans. The three AOL premium plans and their main features are summerized below.
1: AOL ID Protection Plan
This plan helps protect your identity, credit, usernames, passwords, personal information etc. The main features are:
- ID theft alerts.
- Helps remove your sensitive information from the web.
- Securely store and manage online passwords with one click.
2. AOL Complete Plan
This is an all-in-one comprehensive plan to help keep your identity and data safer from online threats. The main features include:
- ID theft alerts.
- Detection and removal of viruses & malware.
- Secure storage and management of online passwords with one click.
3. AOL Data Secure Plan
- Detects and removes viruses & malware.
- Private VPN encrypts your wireless data.
- Block hackers & phishing sitesPrivate VPN encrypts your wireless data etc.